Sperry Top Sider, Summer 2011

Ride.Thy.Bike.

Ride.Thy.Bike.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Doggy Dental Care


While at the dentist this afternoon, I asked my dentist whether he ever brushes his dog's teeth. The answer, as anticipated, was "yes." 


My dentist told my mom, my brother and me that brushing your dog's teeth can actually save you hundreds of dollars in veterinarian procedures down the road!


The dentist sent his assistant, who clearly thought that canine cavity prevention was the silliest topic of conversation, back into the office to fetch (<-- that seemed like an appropriate word choice, considering the context) an extra toothbrush for my mom to take home for use on the canine.


When we got home, we let the dog out of his crate and let him lounge around for a bit while my mom prepared chicken broth (the dentist's recommendation for a tolerable toothpaste substitute).


When the broth was ready, we used it to coat the Oral-B Indicator Toothbrush, and lifted up the dog's upper (and award-deserving for slime content) lip, making small circles while the hound attempted to devour the meat-flavored toothbrush bristles.


All in all, our dog dentistry was successful, and Fritz showed signs of only the mildest of agitation at the end of our endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment